Dental implant treatment offers many advantages over other kinds of replacement teeth. A big benefit is how they function a lot like your natural tooth roots, keeping the bone in your jaw strong and healthy. You lose bone density with other teeth replacements, which can make you look old before your time.
Another benefit is their versatility. Our dentists can use Implants to replace one tooth, all of your teeth, or any number in between! The best way to determine which treatment is right for you is with a consultation. Call 662-850-6782 to schedule one today.
All implant procedures involve embedding implants in your jaw. Your bone then fuses to them in a process called osseointegration. Once in place, they should last decades. Our dentists then attach replacement teeth to the implants. While it’s possible implants will last a lifetime, your replacement teeth will likely need to be replaced at some point – much like traditional crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Chances are, you’ll be a candidate for one of these dental implant procedures:
- Dental Implant Crown – To replace one tooth, we’ll attach a dental crown to a single implant. We typically use zirconia for crowns, a material that is beautiful and durable too.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – This option works well to replace several teeth in a row. Unlike a conventional bridge, which requires us to reshape at least two of your healthy teeth, we won’t need to touch any nearby teeth to place an implant-supported bridge.
- Dental Implant Dentures – There are two dentures options: teeth kept in place with a system of snaps and balls or teeth anchored to a metal bar that is attached to implants. The latter transfers your chewing force to your jaw, which gives you biting power similar to what you had before losing teeth. You won’t need adhesive for either option!
- Mini Dental Implants – Since they are smaller in diameter than other implants, they can be placed more quickly and easily. While not right for every situation, they can be a good option if your jawbone isn’t strong enough for full-size implants.
- Same-Day Smile – During this innovative procedure, we can attach a full arch of temporary replacement teeth to as few as four dental implants in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both. You’ll be able to enjoy a full smile and use the new teeth right away. You’ll return to our office when your implants have fully healed to receive an arch that will last a long time. Because only a few implants are used, this is the most cost effective way to replace all or most of your teeth with dental implants.
No matter which dental implant treatment you receive, you’ll benefit from our dentists’ expertise and our use of advanced technology like a 3D scanner, which we use to ensure the most precise implant placement. There’s also no need to feel nervous about your procedure, as you can choose to receive laughing gas or an oral sedative.
Call Windstone Dental today at 662-850-6782 to schedule a consultation in our Olive Branch, MS office.